ChuzzlePopcap Games and Astraware did it again. This time in the form of cute little fuzzballs known as Chuzzle. Most of the games on my handheld devices come from Popcap — Astraware adopts them for handheld devices. You can tickle the furballs by repeatedly tapping (or clicking) them. Eventually, something happens after a few tickles — including the big Chuzzles. If you leave your mouse over a chuzzle(non-fat), it will get angry.

Darn game is eating into my reading time! Check out Chuzzle.

The game comes with Zen Mode. This version can go on and on as there are no locks, no running out of moves. It was boring at first, but then I earned a charm and that motivated me to keep playing to earn more charms.

The instructions for the game don’t say much. So I went to Astraware’s forums and learned more about the game. The instructions come from the forum and my experience. Some are specific to the PC version and others to the handheld version.

You can get one scramble at at 150,000, 300,000 and 600,000 points. But you can’t have more than three scrambles. You need double score in Expert mode.

If you go into the scores menu, and go into trophies, you will see all the trophies that are possible (NOTE: there is an arrow at the top to go to the next screen), if you tap on each of the un-hilighted trophies, it shows you what you need to do to get the trophy.

Page 1 of Trophy Screen (handheld version has two pages)

Seven At Once – for popping seven Chuzzles as one group (you need 7 Chuzzles of the same color (different sizes are OK) all connected.
Eleven At OnceV1.0 for popping eleven or more Chuzzles as one group
Eight At OnceV1.10 for popping eight or more Chuzzles as one group (To get 8-at-once you need 8 Chuzzles of the same color all connected.)
Chuzzle Bingo – for popping across the whole board with one color
Hundred Grand – for popping 100,000 Chuzzles
Ten Grand – for popping 10,000 Chuzzles
Big Boy – for sparing all fat Chuzzles in a game. I play Speed Expert to get the Fat Boy trophy. Once a fat chuzzle appears on the screen I just let the time run out.
Million Chuzzel Man – for popping 1,000,000 Chuzzles
Reactor – for causing a seven-step cascade
Brainiac – for playing an entire game without using hints
Trophy Collector – for obtaining every other trophy
Puzzler – for reaching level 10 in Mind Binder
Flawless – for playing one level without a bad move. Use speed expert and let time run out.
Quad Combo – for making a quadruple combo
Triple Combo – for making a triple combo

Page 2 of Trophy Screen

Lockmaster – for removing three or more locks in one sweep
Chuzz 10 – For reaching level 10 in Classic or Speed Chuzzel
Mentalist Master – for reachingg level 20 in Mind Bender
Fat Blaster – for popping 1,000 fat Chuzzles.
Mentalist Supremo – for solving all Mind Bender puzzles
Psychic – for solving all puzzles through level 10 in mindbender
Chuzzlebomer – for popping 1,000 Super Chuzzles
Speed Freak – for clearing two Speed Levels without getting a lock
Quad Boomer – for exploding four supper Chuzzels at once
Speed Demon – for passin speed level 5 without getting a lock
Speed Master – for clearing two Speed Levels without a warning
Triple Boomer – for exploding three Super Chuzzles at once

It’s the special mode of Chuzzle that you can unlock; it’s different from the other Chuzzle modes (Speed, Zen, etc.). Not going to spoil the surprise.

To get BeChuzzled, first be sure to get the following five trophies so that they appear in the trophy room.

Triple Combo
Ten Grand
7 at Once

Then click them following the above sequence, from top to bottom. You can see a yellow star appears each time you click on a trophy on the upper left corner. So when you get 5 yellow stars. TADA! BeChuzzled unlocks. It’s accessible via a small round button on the Astraware logo at the main game screen. You only need one Mind Bender trophy: “Puzzler” and that’s achieved by reaching level 10 in Mind Bender.

The more Chuzzles you can pop at once, the higher the score – combinations and cascades are best, every subsequent match in a cascade gains you higher points for the same number of Chuzzles – you’ll see a 2x, 3x etc..

Rainbow chuzzles are worth more, if you can get those to pop during a cascade you can get some serious points on that. I wonder if that’s how you got your 300,000…

Try to set them up so you can get 2 sets to match at once, or a cascade – it’s not easy, but you get the hang of it after a while.

General Notes

In Mind Bender, you only need to solve three of the puzzles on any given level to unlock the next level.

Mind Bender Mode doesn’t count since you don’t pop any Chuzzles. But Zen, Classic or Speed Modes count towards your total popped Chuzzle count.

For fun, tickle the Chuzzles by tapping or clicking on them multiple times including the fat ones. Repeated taps on the Chuzzles and their funny faces and sounds are just for fun and don’t affect game play (unless you’re doing it in Time mode while time is running out). Same for those with sunglasses.

If you pop a Chuzzle in Zen Mode it counts the same as if you pop them in Classic Mode…

Hint on the Speed Level 5 trophy for Chuzzle PC users… Go to:

C:Program FilesPopCap GamesChuzzle DeluxeProfiles[your profile name]

Find the file named SAVEGAME-SPEEDCHUZZLE.DAT (if, of course, you have a saved game in this mode). When you pass level 4, copy this file on your desktop for example, and then overwrite it. This way you’ll play only level 5, you won’t need to pass the other levels. It’s easier.

So I’ve figured out how to check your Chuzzle count for those working towards a million Chuzzle. Go into the Chuzzle Directory in the c drive. There is a folder named profiles. Open up your profile and there will be a file called INFO.CFG. Open that file up with notepad or word and the first 3 lines will tell you how many Chuzzles, fat Chuzzles and super Chuzzles you have popped. Also all charms up top have become gold, they turn into rainbow.

Big Chuzzles Formed: If you pop 4 Chuzzles in a square then you get a big Chuzzles. There are some exceptions to this rule, so it doesn’t always happen.

Glowing Chuzzles Formed: If you pop 5 Chuzzles of one color in a single group, one of them turns into a glowing Chuzzle instead of disappearing.

When Locked Chuzzles Appear: In speed mode, they appear when the bar at the bottom fills. In classic mode, they appear randomly, but more often as you progress up the levels.

Only one secret mode: BeChuzzled.

Flawless Trophy: I used Speed Chuzzle [Expert] and did a minimum number of moves to finish the first level. If you get a few cascades the first level can be over quickly. Then once the 2nd level started, I cleared out a few bottom ones to get a Fat Chuzzle (cuz someone said in another forum that you need to see a fat chuzzle, so I figured it was worth a shot), then I just let it scramble out the rest of the game and I got the Flawless Trophy.

Zen Mode:

Charms appear in the upper right-hand corner after so many points beginning with the heart followed by star, moon, shamrock, musical note, and horseshoe. Each had its own color (blue, green, red, and so on) and then one by one, they turned gold (over a long period of time). Then they turn multi-colored, and reportedly don’t do anything else after this.

I checked the original PC version of the game, and the Astraware version is indeed slightly different. When you get all the rainbow charms they should all turn gold instead of not doing anything. Basically, you don’t get anything at the end of Zen mode, which confuses people because doing the same for Bejeweled 2 unlocked a secret mode. You have to find the secret mode for Chuzzle another way! 😉

There are 20 levels in Mindbender, each containing 5 puzzles. If you don’t seem to be able to get any further, some people have not spotted the arrow buttons in the bottom left. These navigate between levels.

Eyeballs lining up in Zen mode from bottom left to right measure how far you have gotten. If you get enough eyes (or Chuzzles on Pocket PC) then you get a stripe. Get enough stripes, and you get a charm.

52 responses to “Chuzzle Game Instructions”

1. […] I finally bought a copy of Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity with a bookstore birthday gift card that I’ve had since January. Now I just need to read it… yeah, in my free reading time between writing abstracts and reviews, or playing Chuzzles. […]

2. KOW's Blog says:

How Geeky are You?…

… fragte In zwanzig Fragen, kann man herausfinden, wie Geeky man ist. Ein Lustiger Test. Meine Lieblingsfrage war das bekannte: “Es gibt 10 Sorten von Menschen, solche die Binärzahlen verstehen und solche, die sie nicht ver…

3. Soni says:

I love this game, and in Zen mode it’s five chuzzel at the bottom to get a stripe then after five stripes you get a charm plus the background changes :)

4. […] FizzBall combines Breakout (brick-breaking style game), Chuzzle, and Mario Bros. with helping the animals and the environment added to the mix to keep it exciting. At the start of each level, you answer questions about an animal or guess which animal makes the sound that’s played. […]

5. Mutlu Benmutlu says:

Hi, can i ask how can i get Fat Boy trophy ? what can i do for getting that trophy ?

6. Ronnie Smith says:

why is it that the game will say “no move moves” when you can see moves that can be made in classic chuzzles?

7. Cynthia says:

What do you mean when you say “overwrite” the file? I’m trying to get the speed demon trophy.

8. Aurora says:

How do you get the Brainiac award? I never use hints…

9. Aurora says:

Please ignore my previous comment about the Brainiac award… I already have it. Ooops!!

10. Meryl says:

Zen Mode clarification

The Chuzzles that appear on the bottom in Zen Mode are part of a “counter.” When the beaker empties, you get a Chuzzle. Once you get enough Chuzzles on the bottom (six, I think) and empty the beaker, you get a rainbow stripe. Lather, rinse, repeat until you’ve completed the rainbow and then you earn a charm. Very long and slow process. That’s what you get for never dying.

11. noah says:

i want to know what does it mean to do the bad moves. signed, confused, (i already have more than a million on zen, and still going)

12. Cindy says:

I was just playing speed chuzzle and had a chuzzle put on 3-d glasses on. Has anyone else had this? What does it mean?

13. Meryl says:

Cindy, 3D glasses don’t mean anything — just for “cuteness” effect.

14. Jenny says:

I am trying to get the puzzler trophy but find the mindbender puzzles in level 6 impossible…I cannot get any farther. Does anyone have a trick to getting the trophy so I can unlocked the secret chuzzle level…or does anyone have the solutions to those puzzles??? my email is

15. jill says:

I used your suggestions for the flawless and they worked perfect. many thanks. my boyfriend and I are racing to finish all the trophies and he is winning, hence my need to look online.

16. ineedhelp says:

I absolutly love this game. First it starten out with Bejeweled 2, now im popping adorable thingamajigs. Their so cute!

17. Angela says:

My husband just found my Chuzzle game. LOL Now, I’ll NEVER get to play again, he’s hogging it. It’s funny to listen to him, he talks to the game all the time, I wonder if I do that. :)

18. Mister-AMD says:

I have for the moment 15 million on Chuzzle in the Zen Mode and three Rainbows. You can check my Youtube account for videos off Chuzzle Deluxe.

19. Jamie says:

If you click repeatedly on the chuzzles, they’ll sneeze and loose all their hair. The fat ones will burp.

20. Jamie says:

Sorry for the double post.

For the fat boy one, try playing it on speed. That’s how I got mine. Play until you get a fat boy, then let time run out until you have to scramble. Do this until you’re out of scrambles. 😉

Also, if anyone has mind bender help, mail me, too.

21. Linh says:

I’ve just found one way for trophy modifications, and I used it to get the Puzzler trophy.
    First, you need to go to the “texture” folder in your Chuzzle installation directory, to know the numbers according to the trophies you need (the file name is the number). Then, open the file named “Info” in your Profiles/(your name) with Notepad, then add the trophy information to the bottom of the file.
    Information for the Puzzler trophy:
    T21=Received December 22nd at 4:20pm (you can write any other date).
    Have fun with Chuzzle!^^

22. TaiKunLiu says:

Hey guys! I got a cheat that will give you all the trophies without getting tired of collecting trophies.

Just right click your Chuzzle icon and click find target..
    Now Open the folder named Product and then Profiles open your profile name and right click the file name:INFO.CFG open it with notepad.
    Type all T1-26 then =Received at what date and then at what time

Like THIS:
    T1=Received April 26th, 2008 at 12:31pm

Then click file and save.
    Now look at your profile and there you have all trophies.

TADA! Enjoy guys!

23. Jean says:

Is it possible to clear the high scores?

24. Meryl says:

Jean figured out how to clear the high scores so kids would have a chance to see their name in the list:

You need to go to C: drive into
    profiles and wipe them out in the high score .cfg files.

25. Tammy says:

How many freaking levels are in Chuzzle??? This is driving me crazy not knowing!

26. Spring Lea says:

Anyone have any tips for how to score the 8 At Once trophy? I have all the others except for the Million Chuzzles and the trophy for getting all the other trophies. I’ve played in Zen mode for hours trying to get this thing and no luck so far! Any tips would be appreciated. :)

27. Cheryl says:

I see on your page that there is a second screen of trophies but I’m not seeing that on my Chuzzle. It’s the PC version. Am I missing something?

Thanks ! :)

28. Meryl says:

Cheryl, the second screen is from the small screen (Windows Mobile). I think the PC version only has one screen since it’s larger.

29. Cheryl says:

Aww! Boo! I’ve gotten all the trophies then :( I was hoping there was more. Thanks for the great website!

30. Katy says:

I how do I earn extra scambles, I done it a few times but am unaware how I did it! Can someone please tell me!

31. Meryl says:

Scrambles come every 150,000 points.

32. Mark says:

Where do the saved game profiles get saved? My wife is hooked, and I transferred the game to her laptop, and would like to copy her user profile over too.

33. Bernice Bell says:

Iam having trouble with the flawless trophy, can somone help. doing the speed expert and letting the time run out does not work for me what am I doing wrong?

34. Donna says:

What does it mean when there is that weird squalking noise? It happens alot when I’m playing and I don’t know if it is trying to tell me something.

35. Demitri says:

So I’ve got chuzzle on my cell and wondering why I can’t seem to get the Lockmaster trophy? I’ve blown three up at once with a super, even had three detonate in succession as they collapsed but still don’t have it. Am I misunderstanding how you’re to acquire it?

36. gina ramirez says:

Today I completed my trophy room in chuzzles….thanks to some hints I found on your sight. Thanks, now what? Do I just keep playing for fun or is there a similar game that I can play? I find it relaxing and fun but dont want anything to intense. Love to hear some ideas. Thanks again for the help. Gina

37. jay says:

38. Boo says:

Me too Jay! Please someone help us, it’s driving me crazy!!!

39. Pat says:

what i did(and it took a while to get it to line up right) was this… put two at the bottom next to eachother in the middle, then put 2 on each side in the next row, then put 2 together in the middle of the next row… then you can slid the middle of these rows across, and get all eight at once

40. Bobbi says:

I installed Chuzzles, fun game! I have played this game for quite awhile. Only question, why does it show ‘no more moves’ when I can see more moves? That’s aggravating. I like Speed Chuzzle, and Expert. I am on the Trophy board with highest scores, up to abt 530,430 pts. What’s changed in the scoring??

41. Kara says:

How on earth do you get Chuzzle bingo on the iphone? It seems impossible…

42. Bobbi says:

I have asked this question before and have never received any response. It’s a bit aggravating when game shows ‘no more moves’ when there are moves! Getting great scores then – zap! Classic Chuzzle

43. Meryl says:

Kara, it should be easy through iTunes?

Bobbi, no one has an answer for you. Contact

44. Alex says:

I am trying to get the puzzler trophy but find the mindbender puzzles in level six impossible
    .-= Alex’s blog …Super Mario Crossover =-.

45. Confused in Texas says:

I don’t understand how I could have earned the Psychic trophy, but not the Puzzler.

Puzzler: For reaching level 10 in Mind Bender
    Psychic: For solving all puzzles through level 10

-Confused In Texas

46. […] for not having a second mode consisting of only the matching game considering its unique twist. Chuzzle and Bejeweled don’t have stories, yet their endless mode compel people to play them […]

47. sonam says:

addictive game!!!
    i solved all the mind bender puzzles!!

48. […] and creative Plants vs. Zombies. Popcap is also responsible for other game addictions including Chuzzle and […]

49. eleanor alpino says:

thanks for the very informative lessons regarding chuzzle game but i still have a question. teach us how to earn high scores like 150,000 in one scramble

50. vanessa says:

i cant find the profile folder in chuzzle deluxe folder, i have windows 7…..please help