Meryl's Notes Blog
Things wordy, geeky, and webby
8-year-old Blog Birthday Celebration
by Meryl Evans
Hey, guys. I’m gonna be eight on June 1! Seriously. I’m too embarrassed to show you what Meryl posted in her first entry on June 1, 2000. But she and I have grown a lot since the early days of blogging.
So I tell Meryl that she oughta take a vacation from blogging as a way to celebrate. But she says she can’t do that — the blog needs to stay regularly updated as she won’t take me for granted.
Then an idea comes to me. A contest! Prizes! Well, maybe I cheated a little as her friend John over a PoeWar is doing this. Here’s the deal:
- Prize donations: In exchange, you’ll get a link with a short write up of the link. Also, readers will be encouraged to link to sponsors in exchange for entries.
- Guest bloggers: Anyone who writes a guest blog entry will be entered into a contest for guest bloggers only.
Once we get these figured out, we’ll flesh out the details. In summary, the contest has two parts: Readers, prize sponsors, and authors.
- Readers get entries for a chance to win prizes by simply leaving valuable comments and linking to this blog and its sponsors from their own blog.
- Prize sponsors: Automatically get 10 entries for donating a prize and links to their sites. Readers gain entries for linking to sponsors, which means more linkage!
- Authors get entries into author-only prizes for their contributions. Articles can cover any of the following:
- Web site design, usability, etc.
Do two or three to increase your chances of winning. Sound cool? Spread the word so you get a chance to win cool prizes.
Subscribe to this here blog: RSS or E-mail