Meryl's Notes Blog
Things wordy, geeky, and webby
8-year-old Blog Birthday Celebration
Monday, May 19th, 2008 at 9:30 AM
Hey, guys. I’m gonna be eight on June 1! Seriously. I’m too embarrassed to show you what Meryl posted in her first entry on June 1, 2000. But she and I have grown a lot since the early days of blogging.
So I tell Meryl that she oughta take a vacation from blogging as a way to celebrate. But she says she can’t do that — the blog needs to stay regularly updated as she won’t take me for granted.
Then an idea comes to me. A contest! Prizes! Well, maybe I cheated a little as her friend John over a PoeWar is doing this. Here’s the deal:
- Prize donations: In exchange, you’ll get a link with a short write up of the link. Also, readers will be encouraged to link to sponsors in exchange for entries.
- Guest bloggers: Anyone who writes a guest blog entry will be entered into a contest for guest bloggers only.
Once we get these figured out, we’ll flesh out the details. In summary, the contest has two parts: Readers, prize sponsors, and authors.
- Readers get entries for a chance to win prizes by simply leaving valuable comments and linking to this blog and its sponsors from their own blog.
- Prize sponsors: Automatically get 10 entries for donating a prize and links to their sites. Readers gain entries for linking to sponsors, which means more linkage!
- Authors get entries into author-only prizes for their contributions. Articles can cover any of the following:
- Web site design, usability, etc.
Do two or three to increase your chances of winning. Sound cool? Spread the word so you get a chance to win cool prizes.
Subscribe to this here blog: RSS or E-mail