Links: Labor Day Weekend and Proximidade 2009 Edition

by Meryl K Evans | Category: Business, Leftovers, Links, Meryl's Notes Blog, Tech, Writing 7 comments

Talented writer Thursday Bram presented me with a Proximidade Award, on the condition that I pay it forward to eight bloggers. According to the rules of the Award, I am to chose bloggers who are “exceedingly charming, blogging friends who aim to find and be friends” and include the following text in my post.

“I am grateful for an opportunity to award this to a few bloggers who are very special people. I include the following bloggers who may have received this award in the past but I’m sure won’t mind receiving it again.”

My eight choice are as follows:

1. Christina Katz, and her blog The Writer Mama
  2. Karen Swim, and her blog Words for Hire
  3. Brad Shorr, and his blog Word Sell
  4. Joanna Young, and her blog Confident Writing
  5. Tim Beyers, and his blog The Social Writer
  6. Robert Hruzek, and his blog Middle Zone Musings
  7. George Angus, and his blog (yes, I know he received it — but notice we can do it again!) Tumblemoose
  8. You, and your blog [your awesome blog]

And for fun because we’re allowed…

• Wordoid: “Wordoids are made-up words. They look nice and feel great. They are good for naming things.”
  • 10 Weirdest College Mascots: Aw, Fort Worth’s TCU is on there. I went there over 10 years for speech therapy and attended my freshman year in college there. The mascot costume is a little weird, but not the mascot itself. While growing up in Fort Worth, I’d see many horned frogs. Unfortunately, they’re scarce now. Nonetheless, the list shows stranger ones than froggies.
  • 10 Coolest Pens: I love finding pens that write smooth without the squeakiness of a fine pen.
  • Q-Block: Create 3D Pixel Art [Link: makeuseof]
  • Printer Choreography: Who knew printers could dance? Warning: Lots of trees involved [Link: makeuseof].
  • 12 Steampunk Gadgets and Designs: Ooh, cool looking PC.
share save 171 16 Links: Labor Day Weekend and Proximidade 2009 Edition
Tags: , , ,

• Posted by Tumblemoose on September 4th, 2009, 9:00 AM

Meryl,

Thank you so much for the award. I’m glad to have received it.

This weekend will include a TM post passing this on!

George
    .-= Tumblemoose’s blog …The World’s Strongest New Blog of the Week =-.

• Posted by Karen Swim on September 4th, 2009, 9:57 AM

Hi Meryl, you so deserve this award, and I triple the recommendation! I was shocked to see my name, and not ashamed to admit tickled pink! :-) I really appreciate learning about others who share your charm and awesome ability to connect and engage, so thanks! Have a fabulous weekend Meryl, I hope it’s not too hot in your parts to enjoy.
    .-= Karen Swim’s blog …Gratitude, Link Love and Cartwheels Friday =-.

• Posted by Barbara Ling, Virtual Coach on September 6th, 2009, 8:48 AM

I completely agree with your choices of recipients – love reading their blogs too!

And the mascots….heck, in my area, we’re the Town Hornets. Given that my son was stung by yellowjackets 2 days ago, I can now say he’s an official mascot…. :)
    .-= Barbara Ling, Virtual Coach’s blog …21 Yummy and Fun Ideas for Labor Day =-.

• Posted by Brad Shorr on September 6th, 2009, 11:25 AM

Hi Meryl, Congratulations on winning this award, and thank you for choosing my blog: I’m in very good company! Enjoy your long weekend & keep up the fantastic blogging.
    .-= Brad Shorr’s blog …WordPress Thesis Ideal for DIY SEO =-.

• Posted by Deborah on September 6th, 2009, 1:26 PM

Hi Meryl,

Congrats on your award! Over the past 1 1/2 years, I’ve enjoyed your posts and comments on life and work. Thanks for opening my eyes to other writers to follow.

• Posted by Barbara Ling's Journal - Page 8 on September 7th, 2009, 6:24 AM

[...] I commented and/or stumbled the posts at The Website Marketing Coach | The Website Marketing Coach Links: Labor Day Weekend and Proximidade 2009 Edition | Meryl.net Gratitude, Link Love and Cartwheels Friday | Words For Hire 10 Tips to Boost Productivity | Heather [...]

• Posted by Meryl on September 8th, 2009, 7:50 AM

Aw, shucks — thanks y’all including George, Karen, Barbara, Brad and Deborah.

@Karen, it was cloudy and muggy this Labor Day weekend. Not ideal, but the kids went swimming yesterday. I heard from a friend in Oregon who had her fire place on!