Meryl's Notes Blog
Things wordy, geeky, and webby
Links: Labor Day Weekend and Proximidade 2009 Edition
Friday, September 4th, 2009 at 6:35 AM
Talented writer Thursday Bram presented me with a Proximidade Award, on the condition that I pay it forward to eight bloggers. According to the rules of the Award, I am to chose bloggers who are “exceedingly charming, blogging friends who aim to find and be friends” and include the following text in my post.
“I am grateful for an opportunity to award this to a few bloggers who are very special people. I include the following bloggers who may have received this award in the past but I’m sure won’t mind receiving it again.”
My eight choice are as follows:
- Christina Katz, and her blog The Writer Mama
- Karen Swim, and her blog Words for Hire
- Brad Shorr, and his blog Word Sell
- Joanna Young, and her blog Confident Writing
- Tim Beyers, and his blog The Social Writer
- Robert Hruzek, and his blog Middle Zone Musings
- George Angus, and his blog (yes, I know he received it — but notice we can do it again!) Tumblemoose
- You, and your blog [your awesome blog]
And for fun because we’re allowed…
- Wordoid: “Wordoids are made-up words. They look nice and feel great. They are good for naming things.”
- 10 Weirdest College Mascots: Aw, Fort Worth’s TCU is on there. I went there over 10 years for speech therapy and attended my freshman year in college there. The mascot costume is a little weird, but not the mascot itself. While growing up in Fort Worth, I’d see many horned frogs. Unfortunately, they’re scarce now. Nonetheless, the list shows stranger ones than froggies.
- 10 Coolest Pens: I love finding pens that write smooth without the squeakiness of a fine pen.
- Q-Block: Create 3D Pixel Art [Link: makeuseof]
- Printer Choreography: Who knew printers could dance? Warning: Lots of trees involved [Link: makeuseof].
- 12 Steampunk Gadgets and Designs: Ooh, cool looking PC.
Subscribe to this here blog: RSS or E-mail